pregnancy calendar

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kinda dorky but cool

The 18th hole at Southern Hills


So the PGA Championship has been here in Tulsa for the past week and needless to say madness had consumed this town. I was able to make it over to Southern Hills for two days of the tournament which was amazing. It's one thing to see Colonial and quite another to be involved in a major, especially the last major of the year. The course was beautiful the weather was hot, and there were more people than I have ever seen on a golf course in my life. I was able to sit right at the 18th green on Saturday and watch Erin Ells, John Daly, and many others finish their rounds on the hardest hole on the course (to say it looked challenging is an understatement).

As the last group teed off I witnessed a mass of humanity round the corner of the 18th fairway as Tiger prepared to hit his second shot. Taking a nice 5 iron he flew the ball up over two massive bunkers and past a downhill lie, which would have sent his ball back 50 yards into the fairway, onto the green. As he walked up the fairway to putt in and finish his round everyone stood to their feet and went crazy. He tipped his hat tapped his ball in and walked into the clubhouse like it was nothing. Awesome, just awesome. One thing I can confirm from being so close is that he definitely has the best teeth for a non-three putter in the PGA.



In all seriousness however, seeing him in person solidifies in my mind that he is truly as good as everyone touts and I have a better understanding as to why he is consistently number one in the world ranking time and time again. The stuff he does looks good on TV but in person is just beyond my understanding. I can now tell my children that I saw Tiger at a major...awesome!



The other cool thing was the Tiger's wife, Elin, came into my store every morning to get her and Tiger's drink to take back to him before he began his round. She was very quite but really nice and unassuming. So here is the dork in me....you might be a golfer, attorney, computer expert but I am a coffee expert...it's what I do. And here was my time to shine!!! I had the honor of making Tiger Woods latte all week long which is, to me, the best. I can honestly say that although it was a small thing, I did have a hand in making his experience in Tulsa a positive one.

On a side note: there had been rumors that he likes his lattes made with tigers milk which I neither cannot confirm not deny...it'll be my little secret which I will only release on my death bed. =) Good times!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home