pregnancy calendar

Sunday, August 26, 2007

T-minus 5 days

As of Monday morning I will have 5 more days of working at Starbucks in the capacity that I have always known it. After Friday afternoon I will no longer be working solely in a store but now will be in charge of managing several stores. I cannot believe it!! After almost 10 years of putting on uniform and tying on that apron I will be seeing the other side of the counter on a regular basis when I go to work. There are the positives and negatives of both but I know that I will miss it.
I started at Starbucks when I was 19 years old and had no idea who I was, what I wanted to do for a living, or where I was going in life. It was just a job and something to do while I went to school at the time. I had no idea how to communicate with people or how to form a relationship with a stranger to save my life. The amount of change that I have gone through because of my job at Starbucks is unreal, and I can truly say that through all the stuff that I have experienced, I would not change a thing about the ride. I have met so many people, had amazing conversations,and been able to so many unreal things all within the framework of serving coffee. I am in full agreement with Orin Smith, former CFO, CEO and president of Starbucks, when he said, "We are in the people business serving coffee". Starbucks has never fully been about the coffee, although it is the best in the world, but about the experience and I can say that legendary experience takes place on both sides of the counter every day.
I'll keep you all posted on the progress of the new job.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home