pregnancy calendar

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Home sweet home??


Today I decided I would take a few hours and drive back to the town that I know as my first hometown (my real hometown will always be Fort Worth), that is Coweta Oklahoma, which is about 20 minutes south east of Tulsa. I drove back through all the streets and places where I spent so much time when I was young and it just wasn't the same. I don't really know what I expected but whatever I thought it would be, it wasn't. I thought a lot about my experiences as a young man and I think the thing that really bummed me out was that I wanted someone to recollect with me...someone who was there with me then, and when could relate to what I was talking about. And as I thought about that I realized that my experience is just that, mine and mine only. There is no way that I could sit in front of you and tell you what I saw, heard, smelled, etc. and expect you to ever understand or appreciate it the way I did or would want you to. Crazy...

As I think further on all of those experiences of my youth, I have come to realize that although none of you will ever know exactly what I'm speaking of when I do speak of them, you, in some way, have or are experiencing the end result of all of them. They are what made me who I am today. This flips me out as I think about how God has laid the framework for all these things to happen and for me to experience to lead me to Him and to His saving grace. How would I have known as a kid riding my bike with my best friends that God would have me back in that exact place 15+ years later. It's too much to think about really. It makes me sad to think that I still to this day trust Him so little to take care of me and to lead me in the right direction when I can look back and see how for almost 30 years He's been there taking care of me. What do I need to learn from this? What does this say about where He has me now and where will I be in the future? Thank God that He is leading this and not me.

All that being said, while I was there today I took pictures and video of some of the memorable places that shaped who I am today. I am going to post them at our picture site, and then be looking for a video to come very soon (sorry for those of you who have been wanting one...they are coming =) ). I know they won't express exactly what I felt as I shot them, but if you are curious as to where I'm from then come check them out and let me know what you think.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home